Gain coaching skills, volunteer experience and school credit!
The Richmond Oval Summer Leadership Program is for highly motivated young adults who are passionate about sport and want to build their coaching and leadership experience.
The Leadership Program involves two stages:
1 – Coaching workshops and volunteer training
Two National Coaching Certification Program (NCCP) workshops: Fundamental Movement Skills (FMS) and Making Ethical Decisions (MED)
· Training and feedback on job application and interview skills
· Training in coaching strategies, lesson planning, and child care safety
2 – Practical experience coaching and leading Oval Sport Camps alongside Oval Sport Camp Leaders.
· Mentorship by Oval Sport Camp Leaders and NCCP Level 2 Coaches
· Practical experience leading games and activities for children
- Students must have completed Grade 9 to apply
- Send a cover letter and resume by June 1st, 2017
For more details see: